Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Class Cookbooks

When we talked about healthy foods last week, I decided to make a class cookbook. I asked each child to contribute one recipe to our book. Some had a hard time coming up with something, others didn't. Here's one of the recipes:

Chocolate Cake
5 sprinkles
2 birthday sticks
fire (a little)
1 piece of cheese
2 pieces of chicken
3 pieces of broccoli

Mix it together. It turns into chocolate cake. Don't put it in the oven or it will melt! Put sprinkles and birthday sticks on top and then light the fire.

Here's another:

Pineapple Shake
Pineapple (lots of pieces)
2 cups water
1 bottle pineapple juice

Just mix it and bake it in the microwave for 7 minutes. Then add a straw and drink it.

And one more:

Mac & Cheese
1 and 1/2 cups sugar
Mac & cheese taste (the makers make it)

Put everything in a bowl and mix it up. Cook it in the oven at 5 degrees for a couple minutes. Then eat it!

These are obviously not funny to the kids...yet. The parents will get a kick out of them. Anyway, this is how I put the book together. I googled for a cooking coloring sheet or clip art and found something perfect. Then I added "My Class Cookbook" to the cover.
The kids wrote their names in the banner. I put two recipes on every page.
Once I stapled all the pages and the cover together, the kids just colored the picture.
Hopefully the parents will hang onto them until their child is grown. My kindergarten teacher did this for my class and someone brought the recipe book to school when we were seniors in high school. It was hilarious!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So FUNNY! I want to make one at home!