Sunday, October 2, 2011

YAH: Fall Art

So I bought these cute kitchen towels at Shopko. They have a bunch of fall words on them.
Is it bad that I really wanted to frame one? Don't worry. I came to my senses and just decided to make my own art to frame. So I went to my computer and used my greeting card software to work on some designs. I just used about 10 different words or phrases and a few different fonts, and placed them where I wanted them. Then I copied and pasted them into new spots until the page was filled. I also used some clip art of acorns and leaves. And this is how it looked:
I was happy with it, so I printed it out on some oatmeal-colored paper. And I remembered I had a frame in my closet that I haven't used yet, so I ran and got that. And then:
That's right. It didn't fit. Awesome. But it's my fault for not thinking of what size I needed the paper to be before I started. So I made some adjustments on the computer and then I printed it out again (this time in black and white and in draft mode to save ink!). It took me a few more tries to get it all to fit. And I decided to lighten up the red color because it printed too dark. Then I put it in the frame and left the glass out. Voila:
Free fall art. This isn't the first time a kitchen towel has inspired me. Last fall I bought these cuties:
I haven't done anything with them yet. I've got a few ideas, though.
And check out these pumpkins and gourds we picked up yesterday from a pumpkin patch:
I have more to get, but I can't wait to get started on my front porch display!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You did so good on your Wall Art! Seriously, I wish I had one! I can't get how one of your pumpkins/gourds looks like a swan. That is so cool!

Betsy said...

I know, isn't it awesome? It's called a Swan gourd, if you can believe it. It's so fun!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.