Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Graduation Songs

For our graduation ceremony, we usually sing 3 songs on stage. There have been a couple times where we only sang two and then did a dance number -- Macarena and Thriller. Yes, Thriller! The parents and kids loved it. Today I would like to share with you some songs I made up over the years. Maybe you can change them a bit and use them in your school.

All Star (this has been a favorite ever since Shrek)

Somebody once told me I gotta learn the rules
If I wanna get outta this place
So I learned my ABCs and then my 123s
About dinos, sharks, and space.
Well, the year started off and we had a lot of fun
Singing and dancing, and now we're almost done
We learned all we could and even then some
Watch out kindergarten, HERE WE COME!
So much to do, so much to see
Trying so hard to be the best I can be
You'll never know if you don't go, oh
You'll never shine if you don't glow, oh.
Hey now, you're an all star,
Get your game on, go play.
Hey now, you're a rock star,
Get the show on, get paid.
All that glitters is gold,
Only shooting stars break the mold.

Yes, it's a long one, and quite fast, but we did this song 2 different years and it was a big hit. Take it slow and practice everyday, and the kids will pick up on it quickly.

Another song I made up goes to the Toys R Us commercial theme song. We are singing it this year.

I Don't Wanna Grow Up

I don't wanna grow up
I wanna stay a Pre-K kid
They got a million toys that I can play with
I don't wanna grow up
I wanna stay a Pre-K kid
They got the best teachers that a class ever had
From blocks to trains to frog-flippin' games
It's the best classroom there is (gee whiz!)
I don't wanna grow up
'Cuz baby if I did
I wouldn't be a Pre-K kid
More games, more toys, oh boy!
I wanna stay a Pre-K kid

We've also done the song "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" for graduation. I didn't make it up, of course, but I want to mention it because it is so cute! If you have the CD that goes along with the book, you know what I'm talking about. We didn't sing the entire book, but we did sing the beginning where all the letters go up the tree, and then we did the "skit skat skoodle dat, flip flop flee" part, and then skipped to the end where A double dares everyone. It was a big hit.

That's all I can remember right now. If I think of any more that I made up, I'll add it later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are are star thanks for all the work .Am Mariam from Uganda Africa and i have really loved your blog thanks.

Betsy said...

Thank you, Mariam! I'm so glad you like it!